4-C offers child care training to help providers enhance their professional skills.
- Topics include child development, positive guidance, health and safety, inclusion of children with special needs, curriculum planning, developmental screening, parent communication and business practices.
- Training is offered in single sessions and series.
- Most trainings are free to providers listed with the 4-C provider database who are 4-C members. Fees and deposits apply to some trainings.
- Child care providers from counties other than Carroll, DeKalb, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, and Whiteside may attend trainings for a $10 fee.
- Statewide fees apply to some trainings. Please see the 4-C training calendar for more details.
- NOTE: CPR and First Aid classes are reserved for providers in the 6 counties served by 4-C (listed above).
November 2016 - February 2017 Training Calendar
November 2016 - February 2017 Registration Forms and Policies
March - June 2017 Training Calendar
March - June 2017 Registration Forms and Policies
4-C administers Professional Development Funds (PDF) to assist providers with fees associated with conferences and credentials. Click Here to access the application.
- ilearning: Online Trainings
This website is home to various online trainings hosted by INCCRRA, Gateways to Opportunity, and links to other training entities. Included are online training resources to make your online learning easy and enjoyable. General e-learning and technology resources and tools are also available for viewing, as well as, previously recorded webinars.