4-C offers a variety of parent education classes to parents living in DeKalb County to enhance parenting skills. All classes are offered in a relaxed and supportive environment and are free of charge.
- Group Classes are scheduled periodically throughout each year and are designed to be a skills-building class with each class building on the information learned from the one before it.
- Participants are provided relevant, practical information and can share and learn from other participants.
- Topics include: Building Self-Esteem, Guidance, Child Growth and Development, Family Relationships, Communication and Stress & Anger Management.
- Complimentary child care is provided on-site during classes.
- Commitment to the entire series is requested.
- Parent workshops are one-session training events designed for parents to gain information and to obtain and share resources on a particular topic.
- Parenting Workshops are offered at convenient locations (schools, libraries, etc.) and are free of charge.
- Complimentary child care is provided on-site during the workshops.
- Approximately 60-90 minutes in length.
- Registration is always required in order to ensure a safe ratio of child care staff to children.
For more information or to request a specific topic or workshop, please contact the Family Enrichment Program at 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext. 237 or Click Here to send email.