There are several ways to apply for child care assistance:
- Contact 4-C and request an application be mailed to you.
- Come to a 4-C office and pick up an application in person.
- Pick-up an application from a local Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) office.
- Click here to print an application.
- Bring it to the 4-C office and speak with a CCAP specialist to make sure everything is complete, or
- Fax it to 4-C at 815-758-2227, or
- Mail it to 4-C at: 155 N. Third St., Suite 300, DeKalb IL 60115.
- If employed, include 2 current, back-to-back paystubs or a completed wage verification form.
- If attending an education or training program, include a copy of the official school schedule.
Be sure to write the name of the child care provider on the application in the space provided. An application cannot be approved without the name of a child care provider listed on the form.
To contact the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) call 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext. 225 or email