4C Community Coordinated Child Care
4C Logo About 4-CFor Parents and GuardiansChild Care ProvidersEn Espanol
Child Care Assitance Program
155 N. Third Street, Suite 300 • DeKalb, Illinois 60115 • 815-758-8149 or (800) 848-8727

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
Information for Child Care Providers

  • Child care providers who accept financial assistance payments from CCAP are key to the success of parents working or attending education or training.
  • Rates are based on whether a provider is licensed or unlicensed, the age of the children, whether the children are in care full-time (5 or more hours per day) or part-time (less than 5 hours per day) and where the provider lives.
  • Providers are paid monthly by the State of Illinois.
    • Payment is claimed by submitting a child care certificate, that is sent to the provider by the State of Illinois.
    • No taxes are withheld by the State of Illinois. Providers are considered self-employed.
    • Providers earning more than $600 in a calendar year will receive a 1099 form from the State of Illinois.

To contact the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) call 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext. 225 or email

program_requirementshow to applyprogram policyquality child careQuality Ratingprovider infohelp finding

About CCAP

Direct deposit is available for quicker payment.

Contact 217-557-0930 to set up direct deposit.

Family child care providers can receive payments on a debit card for faster payments.

Contact a 4-C CCAP Specialist for the form. Call 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext, 285 or 243 or download the form click here.

The Telephone Billing System allows family child care providers to enter certificate information over the phone for quicker payment. 

Contact a CCAP specialist
for the forms. Call 815-758-8149 or 800-848-8727 ext, 285 or 243.

Providers can check the status of their payments by contacting the DHS Provider Payment Line or the Comptroller's website:
800-804-3833 or click here for website. A Social Security Number or Employer Identification number is needed.

Additional Resources
Contact Us