The Child and Adult Care Food Program reimburses family child care providers for serving nutritious meals and snacks to children. A provider may be licensed through the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) or unlicensed and caring for children whose child care is partly paid through the Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Care Assistance Program.
- There is no cost to participate in the program.
- The provider chooses the meals and snacks to serve and follows easy, nutritional guidelines.
- The provider keeps records of the simple, balanced meals and snacks that are served to children in their care.
- The provider may choose to send their menus to 4-C by mail or internet.
- Providers who qualify may also be paid for meals served to their own children.
- Providers who enroll receive a free 4-C membership that allows for free registration for dozens of workshops. Some workshops may require a small fee (for example CPR/First Aid). A variety of other trainings are also available through the Food Program.
- Newsletters, menu-ideas and fun-filled informational materials will be frequently distributed.
- An online calendar keeper with accounting functions and more at no cost.
The 4-C Food Program is locally operated, serving only Carroll, DeKalb, Lee, McHenry, Ogle and Whiteside Counties.
Please call the 4-C Food Program at:
815-758-8149, ext. 234 or 800-848-8727, ext. 234,
or send email to: